OnePlus starts rolling out January 2021 security patch update to OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The update was earlier released for the beta users and now rolling out as a stable build.
In addition to the security patch, the update also optimizes the notification bar UI effect, long screenshot experience and fixes a couple of issues. Check out the update changelog for a detailed look at the new changes. The update is currently rolling out to the OnePlus 8 series users residing in India, Europe, and North America. We can expect the update to hit other regions very soon.
The update is initially rolling out to a limited number of users. This is done to ensure that no major bugs are present. So, it may take a few days to reach your OnePlus 8/8 Pro.
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
– OnePlus 8
- IN: 18.104.22.168.IN21DA
- EU: 22.214.171.124.IN21BA
- NA: 126.96.36.199.IN21AA
– OnePlus 8 Pro
- IN: 188.8.131.52.IN11DA
- EU: 184.108.40.206.IN11BA
- NA: 220.127.116.11.IN11AA
- Optimized the experience of using long screenshots
- Optimized the UI display effect of the notification bar
- Improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite applications
- Fixed the small probability issue that Twitter may freeze
- Fixed the issue that opening app split-screen may fail
- Fixed the issue of failure to switch the accent color in a small probability
- Fixed the inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.01
- Fixed the issue that the video cannot be played in a small probability
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls