Xiaomi is sending out a new software update to the global variant of Redmi 9C NFC and Mi Mix 2S. The update brings December 2020 security patch on both the phones. Additionally, it brings a new feature on Mi Mix 2S, where tapping a blank spot in the Control center closes it.
The update arrives on Mi Mix 2S Global with firmware version V188.8.131.52.QDGMIXM and version V184.108.40.206.QCSMIXM for Redmi 9C Global. The update is based on Android 10 and weighs 2.0GB and 1.6GB for Mi Mix 2S Global and Redmi 9C Global respectively.
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- New: Tapping a blank spot in Control center closes it now (For Mi Mix 2S)
The update is rolling out via Over-the-Air (OTA) to both the smartphone. If you haven’t received it yet, then check it manually by navigating to Settings -> About phone -> System update. We’ve also added downloading links for a manual update.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S – MIUI V220.127.116.11.QDGMIXM – Download Link
Xiaomi Redmi 9C – MIUI V18.104.22.168.QCSMIXM – Download Link
STEPS to install the update
- Go to Settings > About Phone > System updates
- Click on the menu button (three dots) placed at the top-right corner and click on Choose update package
- If you are not getting the Choose the update option then tap on the MIUI logo 6-7 times and the option will become visible.
- After clicking on Choose update package, select the Recovery ROM file, you just downloaded
- Reboot your phone and you’re done .